Class overview :
In this 3-day instructor-led course, the students will learn to install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot an Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 Web Server in Windows Server 2008.
Class goals :
On completion of this training course, delegates should be able to:
- Describe the IIS 7.0 modular architecture and workloads
- Configure an IIS 7.0 Web Server
- Secure Web sites and Web application pools
- Troubleshoot Web servers, sites and applications
- Use command line tools and scripting tools
- Tune IIS to improve performance
- Maintain Web sites
- Enable integrated technologies to extend IIS 7.0 functionality
Content of Configuring and Troubleshooting Internet Information Services in Windows Server 2008
Configuring an IIS 7.0 Web Server
The students will be introduced to the process of installing a Web Server and configuring IIS features such as application development; health and diagnostics; HTTP features and more.
- Introducing Internet Information Services 7.0
- Installing the Web Server Role in Windows Server 2008
- Configuring Application Development, Health, and HTTP Features
- Configuring Performance, Security, and Server Component Features
Configuring IIS 7.0 Web Sites and Application Pools
The students will be introduced to creating and managing Web sites and application pools.
- Introducing Web Sites and Application Pools
- Creating a Web Site
- Creating an Application Pool
- Maintaining an Application Pool
Configuring IIS 7.0 Application Settings
The students will be introduced to configuring application settings using ASP.NET.
- Configuring Application Settings
- Configuring ASP.NET Security
Configuring IIS 7.0 Modules
The students will be introduced to configuring IIS modules.
- Configuring Native Modules
- Configuring Managed Modules
Securing the IIS 7.0 Web Server and Web Sites
The students will be introduced to configuring a secure Web Server and Web sites and to using logging as a tool for monitoring security.
- Configuring Secure Web Sites and Servers
- Configure Other Aspects of Web Server Security
- Configuring Logging for IIS 7.0
Configuring Delegation and Remote Administration
The students will be introduced to assigning rights to Web site users and configuring users to serve as remote administrators of a server and its corresponding Web sites.
- Configuring Remote Administration
- Configuring Delegated Administration
- Configuring Feature Delegation
Using Command-line and Scripting for IIS 7.0 Administration
The students will learn basic scripting methods for completing IIS 7.0 administrative tasks needed to maintain Web sites and Web Servers.
- Tools for Running Administrative Tasks in IIS
- Executing Scripts for Administrative Tasks
- Managing IIS Tasks
Tuning IIS 7.0 for Improved Performance
The students will be introduced to techniques for improving Web Server performance.
- Implementing Best Practices for Improving IIS Performance
- Configuring Options to Improve IIS Performance
- Managing Application Pools to Improve IIS Performance
Ensuring Web Site Availability with Web Farms
The students will learn to ensure Web site availability in a Web farm topology.
- Backing Up and Restoring Web Sites
- Working with Shared Configurations
- Configuring Network Load Balancing for IIS
Troubleshooting IIS 7.0 Web Servers
The students will learn to use audit logs to troubleshoot common Web Server related authentication, authorization, communication, and configuration error messages.
- Using IIS 7.0 Logging for Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Authentication
- Troubleshooting Authorization
- Troubleshooting Communication
- Troubleshooting Configuration
Onze voordelen :
- Type of training: Inter-company, intra-company and individual
- 100% flexible & personalised training : You choose the place, the dates and the training program
- Offer request : Response within 24 hours
- 50% discount for SME’s from Brussels-Capital Region
- Free parking, lunch & drinks
- Free use of our Digital Competence Centre: Manuals, courses, exercises, …