Class overview :
This five-day instructor-led course provides to teach Active Directory Technology Specialists with the knowledge and skills to configure Active Directory Domain Services in a distributed environment, implement Group Policies, perform backup and restore, and monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory related issues.
Class goals :
On completion of this training course, delegates should be able to:
- Implement and configure Active Directory domain services in their enterprise environment
Content of Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
This module explains how to install and configure Active Directory Domain Services and install and configure a read-only domain controller.
- Installing Active Directory Domain Services
- Deploying Read-Only Domain Controllers
- Configuring AD DS Domain Controller Roles
Configuring Domain Name Service for Active Directory Domain Services
This module explains how to configure Domain Name Services (DNS) for Active Directory Domain Services
- Overview of Active Directory Domain Services and DNS Integration
- Configuring Active Directory Integrated Zones
- Configuring Read Only DNS Zones
Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
This module explains how to configure Active Directory Objects and Trusts.
- Configuring Active Directory Objects
- Strategies for Using Groups
- Automating AD DS Object Management
- Delegating Administrative Access to AD DS Objects
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
Configuring Active Directory Sites and Replication
This module explains how to configure Active Directory sites and replication.
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Overview of AD DS Sites and Replication
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Creating and Configuring Group Policy
This module explains how to create and configure Group Policy.
- Overview of Group Policy
- Configuring the Scope of Group Policy Objects
- Evaluating the Application of Group Policy Objects
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
Configuring User Environments Using Group Policy
This module explains how to configure user environments using Group Policy.
- Configuring Group Policy Settings
- Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using Group Policies
- Configuring Administrative Templates
- Group Policy Preferences
- Deploying Software Using Group Policy
Implementing Security Using Group Policy
This module explains how to implement security using Group Policy.
- Configuring Security Policies
- Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies
- Restricting Group Membership and Access to Software
- Managing Security Using Security Templates
Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Monitoring Plan
This module explains how to implement Active Directory Domain Services monitoring plan.
- Monitoring AD DS Using Event Viewer
- Monitoring Active Directory Domain Servers Using Reliability and Performance Monitor
- Configuring AD DS Auditing
Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Maintenance Plan
This module explains how to implement an Active Directory Domain Services maintenance plan.
- Maintaining the AD DS Domain Controllers
- Backing Up Active Directory Domain Services
- Restoring Active Directory Domain Services
Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, and Replication Issues
This module explains how to troubleshoot Active Directory Domain Services, Domain Name Service, and Active Directory replication.
- Troubleshooting Active Directory Domain Services
- Troubleshooting DNS Integration with AD DS
- Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
This module explains how to troubleshoot the application of Group Policy objects.
- Introduction to Group Policy Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Group Policy Application
- Troubleshooting Group Policy Settings
Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Infrastructure
This module explains how to implement an Active Directory Domain Services Infrastructure.
- Overview of the AD DS Deployment
- Planning a Group Policy Strategy
Onze voordelen :
- Type of training: Inter-company, intra-company and individual
- 100% flexible & personalised training : You choose the place, the dates and the training program
- Offer request : Response within 24 hours
- 50% discount for SME’s from Brussels-Capital Region
- Free parking, lunch & drinks
- Free use of our Digital Competence Centre: Manuals, courses, exercises, …