Class overview :
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot a Terminal Services (TS) environment. The course focuses on configuring of TS core functionality, licensing, Gateway, and Web Access.
Class goals :
On completion of this training course, delegates should be able to:
- Install and configure the TS role
- Configure TS settings
- Identify the appropriate licensing scope and configure forest, domain, and workgroup licensing
- Identify when to use the per-user and per-device licensing modes
- Install the TS Licensing Role
- Configure TS licensing for per-user and device licenses
- Manage the licensing lifecycle
- Configure TS connection properties using TS console and Group Policy
- Troubleshoot TS connection properties for a single user and multiple users
- Identify the considerations for the types of applications that can be installed in a TS environment
- Install applications on TS
- Configure TS Web Access to make TS RemoteApp programs available through a Web site
- Configure TS Easy Print
- Install and configure TS Web Access role service
- Configure a TS session broker for a load-balanced TS farm
- Configure TS Gateway properties
- Monitor active connections using TS Gateway console
- Troubleshoot a TS Gateway connectivity issue
- Manage TS connections to ensure availability of the TS
- Resolve client connectivity issues by verifying end-user configuration using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
- Monitor TS connections to determine when to force client disconnect
- Identify monitoring methods for TS services role
- Configure resource allocation policies using WSRM based on the environment
- Monitor WSRM performance using the WSRM Monitoring TS tool
Content of Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services
Configuring Terminal Services Core Functionality
This module explains how to install TS and configure core functionality.
- Configuring TS Role
- Configuring TS Settings
Configuring and Managing Terminal Services Licensing
This module explains how to configure and manage TS Licensing.
- Configuring TS Licensing
- Managing TS Licenses
Configuring and Troubleshooting Terminal Services Connections
This module explains how to configure and troubleshoot connection properties using TS.
- Configuring TS Connection Properties
- Configuring TS Properties Using Group Policy
- Troubleshooting TS
Configuring Terminal Services Resources
This module explains how to configure TS Easy Print and TS RemoteApp.
- Installing Applications
- Configuring Remote Applications
- Configuring Printers
Configuring Terminal Services Web Access
This module explains how to configure TS Web Access.
- Installing the TS Web Access Role Service
Configuring Session Broker
This module explains how to configure TS Session Broker.
- Configuring a TS Session Broker for a Load-Balanced Farm
Configuring and Troubleshooting Terminal Services Gateway
This module explains how to configure and troubleshoot TS Gateway.
- Configuring TS Gateway
- Troubleshooting TS Gateway Connectivity Issues
Managing and Monitoring Terminal Services
This module explains how to manage and monitor TS connections post installation and configuration. The students will also be introduced to configuring WSRM for TS.
- Managing Current TS Connections
- Monitoring TS Connections
- Configuring WSRM for TS
Onze voordelen :
- Type of training: Inter-company, intra-company and individual
- 100% flexible & personalised training : You choose the place, the dates and the training program
- Offer request : Response within 24 hours
- 50% discount for SME’s from Brussels-Capital Region
- Free parking, lunch & drinks
- Free use of our Digital Competence Centre: Manuals, courses, exercises, …