Class overview :
This five-day course will provide students with an understanding of how to design a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure that meets business and technical requirements for network services.
Class goals :
On completion of this training course, delegates should be able to:
- Describe key components of network infrastructure design
- Describe how to design a secure network
- Design a plan for allocating IP addresses to workstations and servers
- Design a network topology
- Describe the internal considerations for network security and how they can be addressed
- Design an appropriate name resolution system that incorporates Domain Name System (DNS)
- Optimize a name resolution system that incorporates DNS and Windows Internet Name Service (WINS)
- Design a solution for network access
- Design a Network Access Protection (NAP) solution
- Design a solution for operating system deployment and maintenance
- Design the deployment of file services
- Design print services in Windows Server 2008
- Design high availability for applications and services
Content of Designing a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
Overview of Network Infrastructure Design
This module describes the key components of network infrastructure design.
- Preparing for Network Infrastructure Design
- Designing the Network Topology
- Designing Network Infrastructure for Virtualization
- Designing a Change Management Structure for a Network
Designing Network Security
This module explains how design a secure network.
- Overview of Network Security Design
- Creating a Security Plan
- Identifying Threats to Network Security
- Analyzing Security Risks
- The Defense-in-Depth Model
Designing IP Addressing
This module describes how to design a plan for allocating IP addresses to workstations and servers.
- Designing an IPv4 Addressing Scheme
- Designing an IPv6 Addressing Scheme
- Designing DHCP Implementation
- Designing DHCP Configuration Options
Designing Routing and Switching
This module explains how to design a network topology.
- Preparing for Designing a Network Routing Topology
- Selecting Network Devices
- Designing Internet Connectivity and Perimeter Networks
- Designing Routing Communications
- Evaluating Network Performance
Designing Security for Internal Networks
This module explains the internal considerations for network security and how they can be addressed.
- Designing Windows Firewall Implementation
- Overview of IPSec
- Designing IPSec Implementation
Designing Name Resolution
This module explains how to design an appropriate name resolution system that incorporates DNS.
- Collecting Information for a Name Resolution Design
- Designing a DNS Server Strategy
- Designing a DNS Namespace
- Designing DNS Zone Implementation
- Designing Zone Replication and Delegation
Designing Advanced Name Resolution
This module explains an appropriate name resolution system that incorporates DNS and WINS.
- Optimizing DNS Queries
- Designing DNS for High Availability
- Designing a WINS Name Resolution Strategy
Planning and Deploying the Application Virtualization Management System
This module explains how to design a solution for network access.
- Gathering Data for Designing Network Access Solutions
- Securing and Controlling Network Access
- Designing Remote Access Services
- Designing RADIUS Authentication with Network Policy Services
- Designing Wireless Access
Designing Network Access Protection
This module explains how to design a NAP solution.
- Designing the NAP Platform Architecture
- Network Policy Server Component Design
- Designing NAP Enforcement Point and Client Component Requirements
- IPSec Enforcement for NAP
Designing Operating System Deployment and Maintenance
This module explains how to design a solution for operating system deployment and maintenance.
- Determining Operating System Deployment Requirements
- Deploying an Operating System by Using WDS
- Planning for the Creation and Modification of Images
- Designing Multicast Transmission of Images
Designing File Services and DFS in Windows Server 2008
This module explains how to design the deployment of file services.
- Designing File Services
- Designing DFS
- Designing the FSRM Configuration
Designing Print Services in Windows Server 2008
This module explains how to design print services in Windows Server 2008.
- Overview of a Print Services Design
- Designing Print Services
Designing High Availability in Windows Server 2008
This module explains how to design high availability for applications and services.
- Overview of High Availability
- Designing Network Load Balancing for High Availability
- Designing Failover Clustering for High Availability
- Designing Geographically Dispersed Failover Clusters
Onze voordelen :
- Type of training: Inter-company, intra-company and individual
- 100% flexible & personalised training : You choose the place, the dates and the training program
- Offer request : Response within 24 hours
- 50% discount for SME’s from Brussels-Capital Region
- Free parking, lunch & drinks
- Free use of our Digital Competence Centre: Manuals, courses, exercises, …