Class overview :
This 3 day instructor-led course provides students with an understanding of Active Directory technology in Windows Server 2008 (code name ‘Longhorn’). This course is intended to allow individuals who already have experience with Applications Platform technologies to upgrade their skills for Windows Server 2008.
Class goals :
On completion of this training course, delegates should be able to:
- Configure and use Windows Server as an application server with new Server Roles
- Use new features in IIS 7.0 Application Server, including the new modular configuration system
- Manage Web Applications with IIS 7.0
- Troubleshoot IIS 7.0-based Web servers with automatic failed request tracing and other included features and tools
- Plan for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 implementation in a variety of network environments
- Configure and manage Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 from initial setup through troubleshooting and day-to-day operation
- Use new features in Terminal Services and describe Terminal Services Licensing
- Use and manage Terminal Services remote programs and gateways, including troubleshooting and performance optimization
Content of Updating your Application Platform Technology Skills to Windows Server 2008
Server Roles and Initial Configuration Tasks
This module introduces Application Server Roles, describing Application Server features in Windows Server and demonstrating initial configuration and Unix interoperability.
Overview of IIS 7.0 Application Server
This module introduces IIS 7.0 modular architecture, in which more than 40 features can be independently installed. It also demonstrates new scripting interface features and distributed configuration files.
Managing Web Applications with IIS 7.0
This module covers several aspects of server management in IIS 7.0. IIS can be configured using the IIS Manager graphical user interface or using several configuration files. It also explores the appcmd.exe command line utility as it is used for server administration.
Troubleshooting Web Servers
This module describes and demonstrates IIS 7.0 features for troubleshooting, including Runtime Control and Status API, Automatic Failed Request Tracing, and Trace Events.
Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platform
This module describes and demonstrates Windows SharePoint Service 3.0, including planning for implementation and performing a new installation.
Configuring and Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
This module describes and demonstrates how to configure and manage Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, including creating and configuring sites and managing sites and servers.
Configuring Terminal Services
Terminal Services has been updated with Windows Server 2008, including changes to Terminal Services core. This module covers the new Terminal Services core functionality as well as Terminal Services Web Access and Terminal Services Licensing.
Managing Terminal Services
With Windows Server 2008 Remote Programs are accessed remotely through Terminal Services. Terminal Services Gateway can be used to help secure access to Remote Programs. This module describes and demonstrates using Terminal Services management consoles and Event Viewer as well as using Terminal Services with Windows System Resource Manager to optimize performance.
Onze voordelen :
- Type of training: Inter-company, intra-company and individual
- 100% flexible & personalised training : You choose the place, the dates and the training program
- Offer request : Response within 24 hours
- 50% discount for SME’s from Brussels-Capital Region
- Free parking, lunch & drinks
- Free use of our Digital Competence Centre: Manuals, courses, exercises, …