Class overview :
This Google Apps training will empower your team to work with the different Apps included in the Google Apps suite for businesses. This course will teach your team how to effectively set up and use Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Docs. After taking this Google Apps course your team will be able to leverage the different collaboration tools available in Google Apps which are geared towards making your communication process more effective and productive.
Class goals :
Learn the differences and advantages of web-based Gmail vs. traditional client based email systems.
Learn the concept of threaded conversation in Gmail.
Learn the features available in Gmail to effectively organize your inbox.
Learn to compose an email message in Gmail.
Learn how to tweak settings in Gmail to personalize your account.
Learn how to setup vacation responder in Gmail.
Learn how to use collaboration tools with Gmail (e.g. Presence, Audio and Video Chat).
Learn how to configure your Gmail account with third party email clients (e.g. MS Outlook).
Learn how to install different add-on tools to enhance your Gmail account.
Learn how to use Google Calendar.
Learn how to schedule a meeting in Google Calendar and invite others.
Learn how to share your Google Calendar with your colleagues.
Learn how to add multiple calendars and personalize settings in Google Calendar.
Learn the benefits of using Google Docs.
Learn how to create and share text documents, presentations and spreadsheets using Google Docs.
Learn how to create and share forms using Google Docs.
Learn how to manage and organize your Google Docs.
Learn best practices for using Google Apps.
Content of Training Google Apps / Introduction
- Gmail for Enterprise
- Navigation and User Interface
- What’s so different about Gmail?
- Understanding threaded conversation
- Organizing your inbox in Gmail, Where are my folders?
- Creating and using Labels in Gmail
- Archiving messages
- Using the star function
- Using search to find your email
- Setting up filters to auto-organize your inbox
- Composing new email in Gmail
- Composing messages in a new window
- Formatting your message and using spell check
- Attaching a file
- Saving an email as a draft
- Tweaking Gmail Settings
- Adding your signature
- Setting up vacation responder
- Adding a face to your email address
- Changing your Gmail password
- Advanced Collaboration Features
- Understanding the concept of presence
- Using chat for collaboration
- Setting up audio/video collaboration
- Managing your contacts in Gmail
- Advanced Settings in Gmail
- Using Gmail from external email client (e.g. MS Outlook)
- Leveraging Google Labs to enhance your account
- Using security features in Gmail
- Navigation and User Interface
- Google Calendar
- Understanding navigation and user Interface
- How to schedule an appointment in Google Calendar
- How to create a task in Google Calendar
- Inviting others to join your meeting
- Sharing your Google Calendar with co-workers
- Using search to find events in your Google Calendar
- Tweaking Google Calendar default settings
- Google Docs
- Benefits of using Google Docs
- Working with Google Docs
- Creating and sharing a text document
- Creating and sharing a presentation
- Creating and sharing a spreadsheet
- Creating and sharing a form
- Using drawing tools as a white board
- Use templates to create your Google Doc
- Managing your Google Docs
- Creating Folders
- Uploading existing documents to your Google Docs
- Renaming and deleting your Google Docs
- Searching and finding your Google Docs
- Best practices and tips for using Google Apps
Onze voordelen :
- Type of training: Inter-company, intra-company and individual
- 100% flexible & personalised training : You choose the place, the dates and the training program
- Offer request : Response within 24 hours
- 50% discount for SME’s from Brussels-Capital Region
- Free parking, lunch & drinks
- Free use of our Digital Competence Centre: Manuals, courses, exercises, …